Childnet has created a brand-new resource for children aged from 8 to 11. Parents and carers can use the information to support their family on a range of subjects from staying safe online to advice about online bullying and gaming.
The pages have been written specifically for children to access if they have questions about staying safe online and include top tips, videos and short quizzes. This also makes them a fantastic resource for parents to use with their children to help support their family’s internet use.
Each page answers one of the following questions:
- What should I do if someone online is mean to me?
- What should I do if an online friend wants to meet up?
- What do I need to know about online gaming?
- How much time should I spend online?
- What does the report button do?
- What do I need to know about sharing things online?
- What makes a good online friend?
- How old do I need to be to access social media?
To go to the resource, please click on the below link:
For the parents and carers guidance on using this tool, please click on the link below: